10 Awesome Date Night Ideas to Keep Things Interesting!
September 26, 2016
We've found and created some fun date night ideas to keep things light-hearted, fun and interesting for you and your long-time love! Write these date night ideas down on mini wooden sticks and draw one for the evening!
1) Have a “Cater to You” night. Pick a night to “wait” on your mate. You get the drinks, the snacks, his/her slippers, favorite game, etc. You can even dramatize your role as waiter. Just make sure that you alternate the favor sometime soon.
2) Plan a “Favorites Night” around your favorite food, clothes, games, sports, etc. Each person could choose a favorite activity which you then combine into one evening, or she could propose her favorite activities for one date and then he plans the next date with his favorites.
3) Try a theme date, like one around “quarters.” Think of all the things you can do that use quarters like grab desserts or snack inexpensively, take your picture together at a photo booth, play a juke box, or play video games at an arcade.
4) Indoor picnic it! Spend the week writing down nice things you do for one another. Then on date night, grab your favorite takeout and package it in a basket before your mate knows what it is. Lay a blanket out on your living room floor, enjoy with a tasty wine or spritzer and read your notes to each other!
5) Write a song together. Complete the song with verses, chorus, and maybe even a rap! Memorize it and record your performance of it!
6) Go to a high school football, or local semi-pro sporting event. Try to be the biggest fans at the game!
7) Paint Your Date! Grab a few canvas boards, easels, brushes, and paint, and work on the masterpiece of your love sitting right across from you. Great for a late afternoon activity where painting outside can be fun and peaceful.
8) Do a fun “who are you dinner”. Go to dinner and a movie dressed similar to one of your role models. Dress and act like them. The person who guesses the answer first gets a labor of love favor the next week.
9) Look up the events calendar of your local paper, there’s tons of free events like art shows, block parties, and festivals that you can go to together.
10) Buy the ingredients for you to both make variations of the same dish and have a cooking competition.